Slack is one of the most effective platforms used for communication. It provides the best conveyance and complete check and balance of the workflow. If you are searching for the solution to an annoying popup like “Slack is trying to add a new helper tool,” then you are at the right place. This problem can get quite irritating. But don’t worry, there are solutions to this issue.
This article will provide a detailed solution to this problem by walking you through some tested and practical solutions.
Best Ways to Deal With “Slack Is Trying to Add A New Helper Tool”
1. Reinstall Slack
This re-installation is one of the simplest methods for resolving all software-related issues. Uninstalling Slack and removing all the associated files already present on your PC always works for us. This is to ensure that all corrupt files are eliminated from your Mac. As soon as you reinstall your Slack application, you’ll never see this notification again. The steps below will assist you in the uninstalling and reinstalling processes.
1. Firstly, open the “Finder” tool on your Mac’s desktop screen.
2. On the sidebar, tap “Applications” under the “Favorites” section.
3. Now move the cursor to the Slack application and select it.
4. Go into the context menu and choose “Move to Bin.”
5. Now again, go to the trash icon on your Mac desktop.
6. Empty this trash, and here you can uninstall the Slack app.
7. You can now download the Slack application from the App Store on your Mac.
8. Click the “Get” button you see next to “Slack for Desktop.”
9. Finally, you can open and use your Slack app by installing it and entering your password in it.
2. Move Slack to The Application Folder
It becomes essential to move the Slack program to the internal drive’s apps folder if you installed it on a portable disc drive rather than your Mac HD disc. This strategy will help us resolve the “Slack is trying to add a new helper tool” notification issue. Therefore, moving Slack to the apps folder is as easy as it gets.
1. To begin, open the finder tool on your Mac and go to the application through the left ribbon on your screen.
2. Now in the search bar, type Slack.
3. Check the location of the slack folder and ensure that it is in the application folder.
If the Slack application file was placed somewhere else, its transfer to the app folder should work to modify the application’s path. Furthermore, Slack should no longer attempt to install a new support widget on Mac.
3. Removing Slack Helper From PC
Another way to get rid of the unwanted popup saying, “Slack is trying to add a new helper tool,” is to deactivate the Slack helper tool. For this, one has to find where the helper bot is installed on your Mac. After seeing the helper bot, click on it and remove it permanently.
If you don’t need the helper tool’s assistance, deleting it is easy to get rid of the notification. However, a third-party app works best when you want to uninstall an application forcefully. Your computer’s registry checks what you install on your PC and conveys the information to your hard disk. When this occurs, you have a slew of floating strings.
4. Changing Slack’s Ownership
Changing Slack’s ownership has proven to be the most effective trick to avoid “Slack is trying to add a new helper tool.” Luckily, the method is so simple that you can do it without any assistance. All it requires from you is to change the user’s terminal settings, either making it sudo or a superuser. The following are the simplest steps that will help you to alter your settings instantly.
1. To begin, press Command + Space on your device to launch Spotlight search.
2. Then write “terminal” by choosing the first option of your search.
3. As your screen shows a terminal window, put “Replace ‘name’ with your username,” and then use the return command.
4. Lastly, you may be notified about the slack helper tool, allowing you to get rid of it permanently.
This trick would certainly help you if it were app ownership that was causing problems for you.
FAQ’s: Slack is trying to add a New Helper Tool
What does “clearing Slack cache” do?
Slack cache makes notifications appear even if you have checked the messages. However, clearing the slack cache will remove all the redundant notifications so that you get your new notifications without mixing them with older ones.
Does deleting the Slack app delete an account?
Deleting the Slack app won’t delete your account if you are using it on a shared basis. However, it will delete your workspace.
What is “add helper” on Mac?
The Slack Helper tool helps you make a consistent connection with a protected VPN provider. Moreover, it will also normalize your Mac settings automatically whenever you are not using TunnelBear.
How do I get rid of Slack bots?
You can avoid Slack bots by simply typing /kicking @botname in that particular channel where you want the bot to be removed.
Conclusion : Slack is trying to add a New Helper Tool
Slack is the most commonly used communication channel; therefore, no one can negate its importance. So, as a communication tool, any popups in this application can irritate the users. However, there is nothing to worry about with the irrelevant popups like “Slack is trying to add a new helper tool.”
The above-listed methods are the most straightforward and efficient way to deal with this helper tool error on your Mac. Moreover, we’ve answered some of your most common queries related to the Slack application, so you never have to look for your basic questions elsewhere.
Please share your Slack app experience in the comments section so that we can see how well this guide resolved your popup issue. Your feedback is also essential for improving the quality of the content we bring you.