From the days of security wires and security padlocks, computer theft is distant these days. Laptops have a LoJack module attached to the motherboard of a laptop. This module has independent performance regardless of the working of the laptop. It indicates the location of the computer by sending a GPS signal. Remove Lojack from the computer is a permanent choice if you want to enable this feature for improving the security of your laptop.
One thing that you should know is that LoJack is not a feature available on all laptops. Simultaneously in the necessary output and input system of the laptops, this feature is disabled. In the BIOS menu of the laptop, you can choose to disable or enable this security feature. But another thing to keep in mind is that this setting is permanent so once you make a change you won’t be able to reverse it.
How to remove LoJack from the computer?
There are different methods of removing LoJack from a computer some of which are discussed below:
Method 1: Uninstall LoJack from a laptop using the features and programs
As soon as you install a new program to your laptop it is saved in the Programs and Features list. In case you plan on uninstalling that particular program you have to enter the Programs and Features list for the uninstallation process. So if you intend to uninstall low jack from your laptop then go to the Programs and Features to uninstall it. Follow these steps:
● After clicking start go to the search program and files box and type uninstall. Then click on the result option.
● Hold the X and Windows keys together to open the WinX menu. Then click on Programs and Features.
● In the list search for LoJack for a laptop. Click on this option and then choose to uninstall.
Method 2: Uninstall LoJack from your laptop by uninstaller.exe.
Usually, there is an executable file in the laptop programs named uninstall.exe or uninst000.exe. this file is present in the LoJack installation folder. Follow these steps to uninstall LoJack using this method:
- Search for the LoJack installation folder.
- Look for unins000.exe or uninstall.exe or something similar.
- Click twice on this uninstaller program and let the wizard complete the LoJack uninstallation.
Method 3: Uninstall LoJack using system restore
In Windows Operating systems there is a feature of System Restore. It is beneficial to the users by allowing the restoration of the system to its previous state. It also helps in removing additional programs that interfere with the laptop’s operation. Before the installation of a program if you have made a system restore point then you can use this feature to restore your laptop system.
As a result, you will be able to get rid of unwanted programs like LoJack completely. But make sure that you create a proper backup of your personal data and files before doing this step. For uninstalling LoJack using this method follow the instructions given below:
● Close all the open programs and files.
● Right-click the computer on the desktop and then choose properties. It will display the System Window.
● Click on System Protection appearing on the left side of the System Window. It will display the system properties.
● Then choose System Restore. It will display the System Restore window. Select a different restore point and then click on Next.
● Choose a time and date from the given list and click on Next. One thing to keep in mind is that the working of all the drivers and programs installed after a particular time and date might not be very efficient. So you might have to reinstall them.
● Choose Finish upon the appearance of the “Confirm your restore point” window.
● Click on Yes for final confirmation.
Method 4: Uninstall LoJack from a laptop using Antivirus
These days virus seems like another laptop application. But it is very difficult to remove it from the laptop as compared to removing other applications. The routes of these viruses into the laptop system are spyware and Trojans.
It is also very difficult to remove other viruses like adware programs or other unwanted programs. These viruses bundle with freeware software and are installed on your laptop.
The software includes games, video recordings, or PDF convertors. It is easy for these viruses to bypass the anti-virus program detection available on your laptop. In case you are unable to remove LoJack from your laptop then you should definitely check if it is a virus or not. The next step is to click and download the virus detector tool to help you with a free scan.
Method 5: Use the Uninstall Command Displayed present in the Registry
As you install a program on your laptop, its information and settings are automatically saved in Windows. This also includes the uninstall command which helps you get the id of a program. This method can also work for LoJack laptops. But make sure you are careful with the editing process of the registry. As even the slightest mistake can crash your system. To remove LoJack using this method follow these instructions:
- Hold the R key and the Windows keys together. This will open the Run command. Then type in Regedit in the search box and click on OK.
- Then comes the navigation of the following registry key to look for the LoJack: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
- After this, click on the UninstallString value twice and copy the Value Data.
- Again hold the R key and the Windows keys together. This will open the Run command. Now in the box paste the Value Data and then click on OK.
- Finally, let the wizard complete the uninstallation process of the LoJack.
Conclusion: Remove LoJack from the Computer
These were some of the most efficient ways of removing LoJack from your laptop. In case you have any questions about any of the methods discussed above feel free to ask for our help. Try these strategies to remove the LoJack from your laptop and let us know which one worked best for you.
FAQs: Remove LoJack from the Computer
● Is it good to disable LoJack?
It is a risk if the windows environment enters the LoJack of your laptop. Low Jack can easily turn off and on. If for a good reason a person having a permanent disability kills it then it is good to disable the LoJack.
● How can you locate LoJack on your laptop?
In the Task Manager look for rpcnet.exe. or search for the same file in your C: Windows System 32 directory. This is the best and most convenient way of locating LoJack on your laptop.
● Will the LoJack remove if you replace your system BIOS chips?
No, the LoJack will not remove if you replace your system BIOS chips. This is because LoJack is present in the permanent part of the BIOS.
● Can you track a Dell laptop if it is stolen?
To track a Dell laptop if it is stolen you should talk to the Dell Laptop Tracking & Recovery Support center. This should be done according to the applicable customer service terms. Their Recovery Team will look at the information in detail obtained from the Monitoring Center.